Monday, November 20, 2017

RaiLei Girard Week 11 - Laser engraving

Concept:




The concept behind my piece is delicate beauty. I wanted to board to be an art piece rather than be turned into a working board. Butterflies are a very important personal symbol for me so I decided to base my art off of that. The art is actually three different photos set together to look like one long harmonic piece that runs the length of the board. Two of those photos are actually a scanned drawing that was duplicated and flipped, then a center photo which was found separately.


Technique:

 

The first thing I had to do was splice my photos together. I had the drawing flipped in photoshop to give that symmetrical evenness. The center butterfly picture was set in the middle and the ends of the wings were lined up with the beginning point of the other two photos. I then had to remove the background, whiting it out and then size it properly and form it to the board using the given template. 


Materials:



To create this I used a basic skateboard deck, a drawing, a picture, photoshop software, acrylic paints and sealer, detail brushes, and water. The picture and drawing make up the design, I used photoshop to put everything together and painted with detail brushes in acrylic paints diluted with a little water to get into the smaller areas in the engraving. Then I sealed with an acrylic sealer. Thus giving me the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment