Monday, November 27, 2017

Durham Matthew Week 11 - Laser engraving

Concept:

   For my design I wanted to make a skate board deck that would capture one of my friends personalities while combining the two things she loves. Her dog and anything that deals with skating. Normal i would add the reference photo of her and her dog however her and her family expressed their wishes of it not being shown but where fine with the me being able to show the drawing I did instead.

Technique:

   For the technique all I did was draw from a reference photo in Photoshop a picture of her dog. I wanted to keep the drawing simplified. While in the background i have a bohemian esque pattern, that was also drawn in Photoshop. They where then combined and imported into Adobe Illustrator to make the vector and raster lines for it.

Materials: 
   For my board I used a 38 and 1/2 long board deck. I didn't want to add any paint to the board so i could keep it very minimal, because that is also her style. She likes the looks and feel of organic things. So I felt like just the darker wood from the raster engraving would be enough. 

Update: I applied a stain so the recessed part would be a little bit darker.

Link to skateboard deck on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment