Sunday, November 19, 2017

Valeria Cavazos: Week 11 - Laser Engraving

Concept:
       
          My concept design for my skateboard deck is the Gotham City Sirens because I adore the series of the trio together and separately. I wanted to represent each of the sirens through symbols or objects identifiable to them. 

Technique:
Image result for pokemon tattoo sheet

          I created the sketch before uploading it to Illustrator, redrew an outline and later fitting it to the measurements of the skateboard. I tried to make all of the items on the board to interact with one another and accomplished that through making the venus fly trap grabbing hold of everything. I used items that represent each Siren, like jewelry for Catwoman and a hammer for Harley Quinn, rather than drawing the trio. After the redraw of the sketch, I assigned it to the appropriate layering required for the machine shop. Once the file was properly formatted after some help, I sent it to the machine shop. After picking it up from the machine shop, I colored the engraving with colored pencils but tried to maintain as much of the original engraving as possible as an outline. Although a differing subject, the way I colored the skateboard deck is based on the Pokemon tattoo sheet, posted above, in order to try and create the same aesthetic style of a tattoo.

Materials
Engraving

          I used a skateboard deck my friend's dad made, Prismacolor color pencils and a clear acrylic sealer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment