Monday, November 20, 2017

Leo Haddad- Week 11 Laser Engraving



Concept:

For my design, I was messing around with the idea of gears when I started adding circles around them. It began to resemble stars or planetary beings, so I evolved my design into a mechanical-galactic design that resembled some kind of robot space medallion. To the left and right of the design I recreated 2 constellations on either side of the main design using the "gear stars" as points.




Image result for moon medallion




Technique:

I created my design in Rhino by making a series of shapes which were 3D and then making them 2D using the Make2D command. After this, I used the shapes to create the final design as seen. I color coded the parts to ensure everything came out as planned.








Materials:

I used a 7.75 inch skateboard deck as my surface and then applied a non-polyurethane finish for durability, as my friend wanted to keep the deck to skate it. Some paint may be applied in the future to add to the "space" atmosphere.






No comments:

Post a Comment