Monday, November 20, 2017

Elias Perez: Week 11 - Laser Engraving



    Concept:
    For the design in this project I was considering what it was that I had wanted to do and I was setting up to sit by my computer. On the way there I had grabbed my favorite cup with coffee in it and almost tripped and spilled it directly onto my computer. From this I got my inspiration for the design as you can see with the two hands and the cup slipping from them, the gigantic "NO" in the background.
3D Model Designed in Maya
Technique:

    First I modeled the image in Maya and used google images for concept pictures of different mugs and cups used by coffee shops. I then exported the Maya file as a .obj file and imported it into rhino. I then used the command MeshtoNurbs so that I could convert the .obj file. From here it made it possible for me to use the Make2D command which created a flat vector design of my 3D model. I then joined and exploded each object so that I could set each individual color for each line so that I could get a mixture of raster engravings, medium engravings, and shallow engravings. 
Before I added Raster Engravings to border and make the NO pop

The Final Product
Materials:

     I used an 7.5 inch skateboard deck which was laser engraved and then gloss acrylic paint dry brushed on top to create a solid look. The red and yellows meant to create a caution sign or cautious feeling. The use of the regular board color to make the red and yellow pop as well as give sight to the borders and engraved portions of the board. 
After Laser Cut No Paint 


Final Painted Product


No comments:

Post a Comment