Sunday, February 3, 2019

Asa Rodriguez Project 1 Castle


Concept
My inspiration for this project was an article on an abandoned housing project in Turkey referred to as a "nightmarish blight on a beautiful landscape". I wanted to simplify the design of the house for expediency, while also communicating the core elements that created the reaction in the article



Techniques


To create the main mass of the building I combined squares and cylinders in order to simulate the silhouette. For the arches, I first combined a cylinder on its side and a cube and then subtracted the resulting solid from a larger transformed cube. Lastly, I used truncated 4-sided pyramids for both the larger and smaller roofs.



Materials

I used a drywall material for the main walls of the chateau in order to simulate the matte texture of the inspiration as many of the rock materials had much more specularity than what I wanted for this piece. A very basic glass was utilized for the windows, while the roofs have a fine-grained wood. The grass is a matte green paint in order to not reflect too much light from or onto the castle.



No comments:

Post a Comment