Monday, February 4, 2019

Jonathan Holt: Week 1 Castle

Ghosted

Concept: I got my inspiration from a castle I designed for a DnD game and partially from the amount of spikes on the castle in Legend of Zelda (as shown below). It is meant for a lavish and rich evil ruler. He has armies at his command an the authorities on his payroll.
Layered
Techniques: I quickly decided that spikes were the way to go. Everybody loves spikes, so I played around with different heights. At first Most of the spires were on the same level, this made it super bland looking. I added varies sizes to give it a menacing look. This should be the final fight in a campaign and should force the players to be in close quarters with the enemy. I packed the towers close together to give it an overwhelming feeling once inside.I would create one whole tower and copy it to make it even with others. 
Establishing shot

Pedestrian view
Materials: I really wanted to show how rich this enemy was so I stayed away from plastics and wood. I had problems with very reflective surfaces because they made the towers blend into the floor. I went with marble, porcelain, and metal to give it a luxurious feel.






No comments:

Post a Comment