Sunday, February 3, 2019

Zane Alberts: Project 1 Castle

Zane Alberts: Project 1 Castle

Concept 
The basis for my castle design is centered upon a mix of the pyramids of Giza and European castle towers, as well as adding an element of astronomy and futurism, complementing the more medieval look quite nicely. I would have liked to have added some rocky terrain at the base of the structure, however that is beyond my current capabilities.

Techniques
I used several simple shapes, however I attempted to apply them in unconventional methods. For instance, I used the tube tool to create very wide but shallow shapes to serve as rings encircling the tiny moons and the pyramid.In addition, in order to replicate windows and a core, I cut the shapes of certain forms out of the two towers and the main pyramid. 


Materials
I felt metal would reflect the idea I had for the castle best, on the whole. The colors I chose because I felt they would suit the look, and I've always been partial to pink and purple. It may be difficult to tell, but the interior core is the same purple as the cone tops.The gold compliments the pink shades quite well I believe. The moons themselves are made from stone, as true moons are.

No comments:

Post a Comment