Sunday, February 3, 2019

Nikki Chauhan: Week 1 Castle


Ghosted Shot
Concept:
Starting off, I started basing it on one of the sides of the Moszna Castle in Poland which despite its name, is currently a lavish hotel. I enjoyed the tower structure and the relation in the architecture between the rectangular/cube center block, the rectangular area connected to it and the towers attached to that.

Layered Shot

No Naked Edges
Process: As I started thinking of how I wanted to draw out my design and execute it, I began to just imagine it as the same as the picture but more simplistic with maybe a few added details and touches but as I began designing, I realized I wasn't going to be able to make it as my computer died and I had to get a new laptop. As I started from scratch with barely two days to spare, I started with making my rectangular center piece and then connected the large rectangular space behind it. Continuing, I began adding the cube-like area behind one of the towers and then began assembling the tower. Getting to this stage I decided to scrap the whole idea and go with something of my imagination that came from a mixture of ideas. I added outer cylindrical window-like areas to the tower and in the back, a large coned dome like area. This came from the inspiration a mix of the St. Peter's Basilica and the Hagia Sophia except that instead of a dome, I chose to go with a cone shape with the top cut off and placed a sphere in that center.

Bird's Eye

Establishing Shot

Pedestrian Shot

Materials: For the materials, I chose metal for the tower piece and the cone like structure as it is a strong material in reality and has a pleasing aesthetic look as well as a nice durability. The rectangular areas, the ball at the top and the windows on the tower are all glass as a pretty window look to create a stained glass effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment