Friday, February 1, 2019

Paige Ramos: Project One Castle

ghosted image 
layered image


 Concept:
               The castle that I've created was inspired from my childhood. As I use to use Play-Doh, wooden blocks and shapes to make this simplistic castle you see now. Most of the castles that I've seen back then were simple in design, from a child's point of view I had at the time. So recreating this in Rhino, was relieving that moment back in time. Creating something long ago can be now visualized on the computer.
 Process:
               What I've used in Rhino were the mostly the basic shapes. Such as the red square to serve as the base of my castle was made first. Next came the towers, as I used the cylinder tool and duplicate each one. So that I don't have inconsistent tower heights. The same for the tops of the towers, and making sure they touch with the cylinders. That they don't look as if they are levitating. In addition, I almost moved the towers into the corners of the castle's base. since I consider the base being made of clay from my concept that I had. This being my first time using this program, I wanted to start off simple and move on towards here. And came up with this as my end result.
Bird's eye view
 Materials:
                 Now, to bring this child's play set to life, picking out the necessary textures were needed. With the base, I've went with a soft rough red plastic. Making the surface look smooth and malleable. Next the towers were done with a light oak texture, and the tops were done with a painted yellow texture. I've kept the lighting basic for the overall castle I've created, making sure the shadows weren't too hard and having a light shine on the towers' tops to give off that plastic like quality.
pedestrian view

No comments:

Post a Comment