Wednesday, October 5, 2016

3D print project: Diamond Thief


This concept was derived from my drawings. It took many attempts to make the correct size, printing was an issue, and the design had to be altered a couple times. I used an XYZ 3D printer with white filament and it was able to produce my mode within a 40 minute range, on the left, which is about 3.2 inches tall and 2 inches wide, the other one on the right is about 2 inches tall and 1.6 inches wide.
I used a coarse grain and fine grain sandpaper to even out the outer edges. I then covered the surface with white and metallic colored enamel. Finally to fill in the gaps I used a general glaze. 
Designing in Rhino varied, because this was a real printed object, I had trouble adjusting the elements that were in mid-air and added supports. However when it was sliced and exported to the 3D printer, it gave me results I did not enjoy, most of it looked like a heavy relief sculpture with little detail. So I created figurines. 



1 comment:

  1. give me another keyshot rendering of this model showing another view

    ReplyDelete