Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sarah Roberson: 3D Printed Object


Concept:
So my inspiration for this piece is a continuation of the theme for the last project. One of the very first video games I ever played was Mario 64 and so my inspiration came from mushrooms that you can bounce on top of in levels. The mushrooms are so much fun in the game so I decided to make a castle out of it. So the concept was an actual mushroom made to look like ones from Mario. The curves down from the tallest tower is inspired by the ribs that mushrooms have on their underside. And each individual spire represents a mushroom. 



(Ghosted Image Painted Black Before Edges Were Filleted)



(With Material Selections for Keyshot)

Modeling Techniques:
The techniques that I used was mainly extruding and filleting edges (Which for some reason my images don't show it will filleted edges even though I did do that) I also drew the lines for the ribs that are colored red in the image above and green in the image bellow. I then extruded it out to make it look like a complete shape. I also did this for the two sets of stairs that are on the bottom.


                                   


Material Selections:
All of the materials I used inside Keyshot, were plastics. I used both the clear plastics as well as the soft ones to show the differences between the tops and bottoms of each mushroom spire. The soft plastics can be seen in the 'stalks' of the spires and all of the rest of the parts were used because I liked the transparency of the material as well as it gave off a cool glow in the images when reflecting on other surfaces.

(My model below broke partway throughout the week so the final image isn't like the ones right after it got pulled from the printer.)


(My model next to a cup to gain scale)


(My model in my hand to gage scale)




(In-process shot of painting)


(Completed Painting)

No comments:

Post a Comment