Monday, October 24, 2016

Niveda Subramanian : Week 1 - Castle






 Concept: For my castle project, I decided I didn't want to stick to the typical castle. My inspiration came from two of my favorite Disney movies, Frozen and Aladdin. The design elements of the castle, from color to structure, draw from elements of each movie. For example, I decided to use a vibrant teal color, because Jasmine wants to travel the world with Aladdin, and the last thing she wants is for her home to be dark and dreary.

Modeling Techniques: In my Rhino model, I first created a rectangular plane and used a series of curves and arches to create the structure of my dome. The interweaving mesh pattern was a constant throughout the castle. I used the loft and surface offset tools quite often throughout the process in order to combine my surfaces.

Materials: In my KeyShot rendering, I used metallic teal paint, and varied the roughness and brightness of the object to enhance the stylistic elements of the dome. For one of the arches of the castle, I used a light gray dielectic texture to bring some contrast to the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment