Monday, October 24, 2016

Niveda Subramanian - Week2 - Duck





Concept: For this specific project, I decided to model my duck after my high school French teacher. I attempted to recreate many features of my French teacher on the duck, such as her prominent bun and fancy jewelry. I showed my teacher my model, and we both had a good laugh out of it!

Modeling Techniques: For my model I followed the instructions posted on the blog site and added my own personal twists. At first, I created normal eyeballs for my duck, but then because my French teacher wears thick-rimmed glasses, I decided to exaggerate this characteristic. I used many spheres throughout the model, as can be seen in the hair bun, necklace, and the hunch on the back.

Materials: For my KeyShot rendering I used a marbleized texture for the body and face. I really liked this texture because it created a beak in itself, and also enhanced the hunch on the back. for the hair bun and the bottom of the duck I used a metallic gray to create a mellow atmosphere. I chose the colors red and purple because both are piercing yet subtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment