Monday, October 10, 2016

Corrina Spurlin: Week 8 3D Print

Ghosted black

Ghosted with Keyshot assignment



Concept
For my 3D model I wanted to create a simple polygonal build that looked like a type of flower. I was intrigued at the idea of representing something from nature that is normally made of curves and smooth edges, such as a rose. My main goal was to have this representation be recognizable, but still allow room for varying interpretation. 
Hinga dinga dergen
Modeling Techniques
I created my model using the program TopMod and Rhinoceros. I mainly used triangular extrusion within TopMod to create the petal-like extremities. I then imported my model into Rhino to create a mesh and adjust any points I felt necessary. 

Materials
The materials used within this project included the 3D printing materials and paint necessary to create external design desired. The paints used were acrylic and were not watered down to achieve a completely solid look. 




No comments:

Post a Comment