Monday, October 10, 2016

Darrius Williams =Three-Eyed Frankie (Frankenclyops)

 The Concept of my project is a three-eyed Frankenstein-like creature, its a fusion of Frankenstein and a cyclopes. but instead of just a one-eyed monster mash ,I instead gave my character 3 vertical eyes with gaunt features.




 
i choose not to use the xtc on the bust model but i did on the flatBack. i wanted to have a difference in textures to compare with each other.  after hot glueing them down to the board I did a brush on for the flatBack while a pour on mold for the bust.




 because of the shape of the bust I felt using the clay for my mold walls would save me the most material and also be a good alternative support compared to the metal flashing.

















 after doing a few relatively normal casts i began to experiment with both painting the models with acrylics and the different dyes as well as mixing the materials. I for my cast I used combinations of the color match 325, ONYX, white liquid plastic, liquid rubber and plaster. due to a few issues with the 325 that can be seen in some i changed locations from the 4th-floor atec building to the sculpting studio in the art barn,doing so dramatically changed the performance of the 325. i wanted to express both ways of casting and coloring the materials  by both using different dyes at different points of  the  part A and B as well as painting and clear glossing one of the flatbacks and two of the busts.



As I explained above, the color match 325 was have weird issues in the atec building but  after moving the material cast solid consistently and had reduction in bubbles in the cast. In a few of the flat casts I partially filled the molds and let the cure then took the cast out and replaced to allow a little air space so that the following cast material would fill dan cover parts of the first run.



Because we built molds to cast our designs I finally had the chance to really make the materials work for me. but due to issues with the color match i had to be a little bit more flexible in how i worked and where I worked. so since I was in the artbarn i was able to walk around the building and refresh my mind with new ideas such as casting with plaster and plastic together.

No comments:

Post a Comment