Sunday, September 10, 2023

Clement Lee ATCM 3355: Week 4 Castle

 Clement Lee Fall 2023 Castle 

The Concept

I was inspired by the Japanese Yasaka Pagoda for this piece, and I knew I somehow wanted to incorporate the idea of floating roofs or so somewhere inside the piece, and the iconic stem, though I think it'd be too fragile to 3D print.


Processes

I wanted to create a sloping base, so I used some squares and curves and did a 2 rail sweep command to make it as such. I know it is not perfectly symmetrical but I could not fix it, and it does not seem noticeable. 

for the roofs, I made a triangle and used a surface coplanar to fill it as a triangle, extruded and joined it up to make a triangular prism. I used calculation by hand to place the roof pieces, though I reckon there might be a more efficient way to do such.

The pagoda top is made of a series of frustums, and I think I would have to print them separately to get it to work


Ghosted Black
Ghosted Colored
Rendered + Make2D



Materials
I think that having a 3D print of the piece would be optimal for the print, but in the future I might optimize it for creation using a mold. 


No comments:

Post a Comment