Monday, September 11, 2023

Manuel Diaz ATCM 3355 F23: Project 1 Castle-Tower

 Concept:

For this project, I chose to design my tower to have space observatory characteristics. I wanted to create

a tower that had a bit more purpose rather than a monumental building. The concept of a rotating

satellite at the top in a gear-like motion was what I was aiming for. This would ultimately be an idea for

an observatory with lower-level office spaces with the satellite gathering information at the pinnacle of

the tower.






Process:

I started with the original tower model in order to get a linear base for my observatory. I would imagine

a circular building where people can walk around while having ambient light from outside. Towards the

middle section, I added ridges to the base cylinder to give it more of a mechanical structure that would

be able to rotate the lab. The satellite is meant to move across its railing to give the structure

characteristics of movement.










Materials:

While I would have had this building be designed with more neutral colors, I went with something a bit

more distinguishable. The cyan middle pipes are meant to resemble a glass exterior on the floor’s levels.

The dome has its metallic texture consistently with the inner structure of the building.


Final Print:



No comments:

Post a Comment