Sunday, September 10, 2023

Reina Park ATCM 3355 F23: Project 1 Castle-Tower

The Concept:



In this project, I attempted to make a castle tower that resembled the Mont Saint-Michelle. I also centered my project around the theme of ice cream! I have always admired the beautiful architecture and surroundings of Mont Saint-Michelle. I was initially having a difficult time choosing the theme of my project but then I suddenly started craving ice cream and I just decided to make my theme ice cream! It ended up coming together much more naturally than I had guessed.




The Process:







I started building my composition in Grasshopper. I first created my own tower definition in Grasshopper, I then went on to make it appear like an ice cream cone. After this, I baked my ice cream cone so that I could utilize the ice cream cone in Rhino. I copied and pasted the original cone so I could make a few variations of ice cream styles for my composition. I went on to create spheres and taurus’s to create the top portion of an ice cream cone. I also made the base portion of the castle by using polygon commands and extrusion commands as well. I decided to create a shape similar to that of a bee as well as another shape resembling a honeycomb, I did this to give the composition more of a desert theme. For the honeycomb, I created a hexagon, then I extruded them, and then I used make hole commands. I also created several pillars as well as walls to give my composition a resemblance to Mont Saint-Michelle.






The Materials:


For the materials I tried to explore the keyshot software so I ended up creating my own material for the top portion of the ice cream. For the new material I made some adjustments from existing material, which was urban concrete. I chose to utilize the existing material, urban concrete, because of its fuzzy nature. For the honeycomb, I used ashwood material but I changed the color to yellow so it would appear more like a honeycomb. For the ice cream cone, I used oakwood rough material. For the walls, I used brick laquered material and decided to adjust the size and color of the bricks. For the top portion of the pillars, I used maple wood satin and for the bottom portion I used pinewood rough material. For the base, I used cloth weave beige and decided to slightly adjust the width and height. Finally, for the sculpture of the bee I used default settings but I changed the wings to a glass-like material. 





No comments:

Post a Comment