Monday, September 11, 2023

Ketsamone Thanoulith ATCM 3355.001: Week 4 Castle

 The Concept

I was inspired by the pagoda-style architecture that was commonly seen in the Edo and Feudal eras in Japan. My main sources of inspiration were castles such as Osaka Castle and Himeji Castle in Hyojo. I was also drawn to the tower structures. 



Processes

I wanted to create a sturdy base to hold up to roofs and other small details. I made railings and wooden beams along all sides of the castle. For the roof, I used simple primitives such as pyramids and added curves to emulate the structure of a pagoda. I also created other custom shapes such as triangular prisms for the roof. 

I faced the most difficulty trying to make elongated curves and smaller details. For details such as windows and roofs, I used simple shapes. I made three towers with truncated pyramids to add depth to the piece. 


Layers

Ghosted

Orthographic, Top and Front

Rendered

Materials
I have not considered any specific materials, just colored plastic. 

Changes after Critique

Rendered

Orthographic

ghosted

Groups, shaded




No comments:

Post a Comment