Sunday, September 10, 2023

James Malik ATCM 3355 F23: Project 1 Castle-Tower

 James Malik                 CASTLE-TOWER



Image 1

Image 2


Image 3


Image 4 



Project Brief


Concept



The concept I ran with was derived from the FIFA World Cup trophy. I wanted to play with the settings of the original model and form it into something of my liking. I grew up playing soccer so this only felt right. I wanted to add the ball to the top to really set it off.


Process

We had gone back and forth on Rhino from the main application to Grasshopper for a while adjusting layers until we felt comfortable with our creations. Any one change on Grasshopper had to be transferred over to the main application. We would then bake the transformation. After this is done and you label each layer, you should add color. The process took a while but it was worth it in the end.


Materials

The materials required boiled down to having a computer and the right software. Now the individual 3-D creation has many materials used digitally. Plastic is the most common. I decided to go with a metallic material to sell that it was golden. I think it looks decent.

Final print with adjustments. 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment