Monday, September 11, 2023

Daniel Morel ATCM 3355 F23: Project 1 Castle-Tower

 Concept:



                Being a native New Yorker, when I saw the project due date I got the idea in my head that I would design something to remind me of my hometown. Instead of going the memorial route because of 9/11, I decided instead to go the more uplifting route and design my own Statue of Liberty to invoke the symbolism of freedom, inspiration, and hope. Considering that our tower would only be 4” tall, and being new to Rhino, I thought it’d be best to not get too intricate with details and went for something that would look good small scale and get the idea/imagery across at a glance.



 

Process:



                I started this project as I do most, building a reference image library and sketching out ideas until I had something that fit. I also reviewed my notes and the tutorials to develop a list of tools and techniques I’d want to use to reinforce what I’ve learned in Rhino so far, along  with a few that would force me to go find some answers. With my notes and intention in hand, I got to building and landed at the design you see here.

 


Materials:

                Being new to this whole process this is one area where I was limited by what I know, we’re 3D printing these with plastic filament. Knowing that I figure I’ll use simple base colors and hand paint over top to add more details later. Blue and grey are not only common colors but the team colors for the NY Yankees as well so I decided I’d start there as another way to represent my hometown and complete my Tower of Liberty.


Finished Print Update:




No comments:

Post a Comment