Monday, September 11, 2023

Rickie Jones ATCM 3355 F23: Week 4 Castle - Tower

 


Rendering 1

Concept:

Reference image of color scheme

Reference images of a missile silo


For my design I wanted to create a design inspired by a missile silo emerging from the ground. I choose the red and black color scheme to match the futuristic design of the missile itself. I decided to leave the inside of the missile to make the design more abstract and open to interpretation. 







Process:

Ghosted view of tower


For my process I utilized the grasshopper tower that we made in class as the main attraction for my model. The tower is slightly rotating to the right as the pipes climb the tower. Which looks unique. For the top and base of the tower I utilized pyramids to add a sharp contrast to the overall soft and rounded parts of the design. Lastly I added a base to the tower using primitive shapes. But also by using curve extrusions to me the missile silo doors and the rings surrounding the silo. 



Materials:

Rendering 2 plus orthographic


3D printed castle tower


3D printed castle tower perspective view


For my materials I decided to emphasis the abstract nature of the tower by using bright and reflective paint materials on the object. I went with a black color scheme with red to contrast and focus attention to the tower itself. While using dull colors like black and gray to accent the black but not take away. 

Overall I am satisfied with my design. Although there are other things that I may want to add, I appreciate the simplistic and clean look of my tower. I also enjoy that the tower manages to look like something but also nothing recognizable at the same time.


After Critique:

During my critique, It was pointed out that I need to add an artic/ ghosted view with a ground plane or shaded. 
Also That I change the gem material pieces so that they are more visible. 
Here are the shots where I have made these changes. 

Rendering 1 with changed materials


Rendering 2 with changed materials

Rendering 3 depicting an environment

Rendering 4 with artic and shadow ground plane

Rendering 5 with better view of ground plane












No comments:

Post a Comment