Monday, September 11, 2023

Dylan Burt ATCM 3355 F23: Project 1 Castle-Tower

The Concept 

1. Concept
  • For my tower the first thing that came to mind was the tower of Sauron from the Lord of the Rings franchise, however the initial tower design made me think of the triple DNA helix concept. So I knew I wanted sharp edges with a triple spiral design, while having a black and red theme with a joining point at the top.

Ghosted


Arctic/ Orthographic


2. Processes
  • I started by reducing the floor corners to three in grasshopper, raising the height, and reshaping the contour in the graph editor in order to create the triple spiral and a long skinny tower. I then went into rhino and increased the horizontal scale of the floors in order to accentuate spiked corners to create a jagged points going up the tower and add a pyramidal shape at the top of the tower in order to continue the theme of three and sharp edges, and I made a solid skin layer which then was then edited to have a staircase consistency. 

Rendered Materials



3. Materials
  • The materials I had in mind were dark metallic themes for the pipes the triangular tip, and the base, I then went with a red painted skin, and red glass floors as to allow viewing all the way to the bottom, however I had considered making the skin also red glass material. The black and red theme goes really well with the initial inspiration of the tower of Sauron. 
I am satisfied with my design, however I may add more to the base later on in order to add more detail.
Final Print

No comments:

Post a Comment