Sunday, September 11, 2016

Timothy Smiley rubber duck assignment 2






Concept

I had a great idea to make a model of something seemingly harmless into a borg drone like a goldfish 
or a rubber duck. so when I got the assignment i immediately knew I needed to make a borg duck (from star trek if you didn't know). 

modeling technique

I used maya polygonal modeling for the duck starting off with a cube and shaping it out. I was surprised at how easy the basic shape was to carve out.to make the prosthetics i used faces from the ducks face and duplicated it so it would fit perfectly.

materials

I used plastic material for the duck and black chrome and stainless steel for the implants. there was a very cool emitting shader i used for the light from the bionic eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment