Friday, September 9, 2016

Timothy Smiley week 1 castle




concept

I am a huge medieval period nut. I love Scottish Celtic ancient aesthetic and castles are one of my favorite things. Naturally I wanted to make a more traditional castle. I looked and found some of my favorite designs and staying to a similar aesthetic.


modeling techniques

I used Maya to model this castle.I already have experience with polygonal modeling and so i dusted off the cobwebs of Maya and worked that way. I duplicated a section of the wall and one tower and manipulated it to get the entire castle by scaling and sizing.

Materials used in concept

I had some trouble getting a good looking traditional brick look with keyshot but then i played around with some pearly colors and it had a different loom but I found it intriguing. the nice pure white makes it feel more fantastical and maybe hidden up in the clouds. I also added a brick bump map that isn't visible from the pictures but is there.



No comments:

Post a Comment