Monday, September 12, 2016

Corrina Spurlin: Week 1 Castle

Ghosted painted black

Ghosted with Keyshot assignments



Concept
The main idea for this castle was based on how churches often look. A reference image wasn't used as I wanted the idea to be original and see how it turned out. To achieve the theme I included repeating archways with an ascending design. I kept the design more simple than complex because I wanted to combat the standard of how intricate some churches can be. The colors involved were used to also counter how natural-toned churches are. The church idea for the castle was meshed with the idea of making it look mildly human, which was accomplished by putting a sphere on top to represent a head.

Modeling Techniques
The main techniques I used when creating this castle were MakeHole, rotate, and scale. Translation was also involved whenever I changed the location of something as I wanted the design to be different. The MakeHole command was used in varying ways, as I sometimes used it to cut all the way through an object and other times only to cut into it part way. Rotate was used often in order to create the repeating patterns around the structure evenly. Scale was used to copy objects and put them in another part of the work, such as the rings, to make the piece balanced. 

Materials
I wanted to use materials that would allow for a general stylized feel, in order to continue the idea of having a non-traditional church-like structure. To accomplish this I only used smooth / sleek materials. The material used throughout has a metal-like texture to it, allowing for underlying tones that can be intriguing to look at. I used contrasting colors to continue the idea of having something different from a church, which typically can be monotone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment