Monday, September 12, 2016

Draven Ashorn-Hejl: Week 2 Duck


Concept: Whenever I think of a duck, thanks to reading the webcomic El Goonish Shive I generally end up thinking of those hilarious little demon-themed rubber duck toys. Since I am ridiculously new to modeling, a simple toy seemed like an attainable goal, so I went for that.


Modeling Techniques: Since I don't know much about 3D modeling, I mostly followed the tutorial. I used multiple spheres and then deformed them to create the body, head, bill, and eyes of the duck itself. To keep from exactly copying the tutorial, I focused a bit more on trying to make spread wings on the duck. I also added horns for the signature touch of the demonic duck idea.


Materials: For the materials, I simply used the Rubber material for all of the pieces due to my goal being to replicate a toy rubber duck, and recolored the material for each individual part to create the look and coloring I was going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment