Saturday, September 17, 2016

Michael Hosler- Week Two- Duck






My inspiration for the duck project was collectible wooden duck statues and decoys, common among hunters and bird enthusiasts. to make my duck, I used solid tools, stretching, point manipulation, orientation on a surface, tangential blending, trimming, splitting, and boolean unions. The entirety of the duck is various types of wood, owing to my inspiration. The head is wood planks and the eyes are herringbone, the beak being light ash. The main body is mahogany because I like to say the word mahogany (no, really). since there were certain things I couldn't figure out to do without taking another entire week and I still needed contrast between body and wings, I simply did a split where the wings would be and rendered them in a different material, black walnut. 















No comments:

Post a Comment