Friday, September 9, 2016

Jeremiah Baker: Week 2 Duck

ghosted painted black

ghosted with keyshot material assignments



Concept: I pretty much just followed the tutorial to the letter to get this one put together. I'm not very practiced at organic modeling, so it was difficult enough managing that.

Modeling Techniques: I used two circles for the body and the head. Control point editing helped a lot in making the modeling process easier, though I did struggle with selecting the right points. I used curves, projection, and split in order to cut off the beak and make the holes for the neck and head to join. I used surface blend to join the neck and head. For the eyes, I created a distorted sphere, used curve>project>split to separate the pupil, and then aligned it to the head. Then I used mirror to make another one on the other side.

Materials Used in Concept: I just tried out a lot of different materials for this one until I found one I liked. The Axalta materials stood out to me, so I used those and modified the colors a bit to go with the coloring I wanted for the body and head of the duck. I also used an environment with more interesting lighting because of the very reflective quality of the Axalta materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment