Monday, September 12, 2016

Corrina Spurlin: Week 2 Duck

Ghosted painted black

Ghosted with Keyshot assignments



Concept
The main idea I had when creating this duck was that it would be some form of minimalistic. By forming the body and other parts into simple shapes, or with simple geometry, this was achieved. I also kept this idea throughout the whole composition by reducing the amount of parts that would need to be created. Parts that already seemed connected were combined to continue this theme. I also attempted to make the duck have a more stylized and cute look rather than being realistic. 

Modeling Techniques
The main modeling techniques I used when creating this duck were varying commands relating to the surfaces of the objects. For example, I used commands to orient an object onto the surface of another one. I also used the command Rebuild in order to create the simplistic look. F10 was used in order adjust the shapes of some of the objects. 

Materials
The materials I used for my duck were chosen around the idea of simplicity. I almost used materials that appeared to be toon-like but they lacked depth and seemed too fake. Instead, I ended up using smooth materials that would work well in showing the shapes and edges of the design. The colors I used with the materials followed the general idea of a standard rubber duck but included underlying tones of colors from other objects. For example, the red objects would have underlying tones of yellow and vice versa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment