Saturday, September 17, 2016

Michael Hosler- Week one- Castle

As far as my intent and inspiration here, I got most of my rhino instruction through the video tutorials on YouTube, where professor Scott referred to the project as a space station rather that a castle, so i thought "If it's a space station, why am I making a floor?" So after  following the tutorial long enough to learn how to do everything I needed for this, I rotated it horizontally and made a space station. the techniques I used here include rotations, polar arrays, mirroring, exploding, joining, and use of the solid creation toolbar.  For my materials, I simply went with what I thought looked good. I don't have a huge artistic vocabulary, but bear with me. the bars around the outside and the array of tori are both Axalta, while the center pieces are carbon fiber. through the center of the whole station, there is a steel rod to allow free spinning for the creation of artificial gravity (though, admittedly, I don't understand the nuances of that technology, but hey, art).  the discs are cubed black glass to simulate photo-voltaic cells (solar panels), and the pyramids attached are polished silver (mirror) for reflecting light into the solar panels.














No comments:

Post a Comment