Monday, September 5, 2016

Sarah Roberson: Week 1 Castle



Ghosted Painted Black


Ghosted with Keyshot Material Assignment






Concept
The concept design was a mixture of a pyramid, Jabba's Palace (From Star Wars), and Bowser's Castle. I picked Bowser's castle, to begin with. I really liked the simplicity of the design. The aesthetic of how symmetrical each picture I found of the castle it was. This design is represented in the walls of the castle. Then the inspiration for the red middle spire came from a Pyramid. Though my pyramid is more circle than square, I tried to capture how pyramids form a point at the top, but make it rounder like castles are. Then the rings for the top tower came from Jabba's Palace. I really wanted it to look like it had layers much like balconies to it and when I placed it on the model it reminded me of it.

Modeling Techniques
Most of the techniques that I employed were extruding, copy and paste, scale and rotate tools. I switched a lot between perspective and top views because it helped me to center each shape. I designed the walls first and then created the inside so that gave me and helped me figure out the size that I needed to make the interior shapes.

 Materials Used in Concept
How my material choices reflect my concept is that yellow and red are very indicative of Bowser since he shoots fire. I kind of wanted to reflect that in my concept because I really dislike fire and it's a way for me to help overcome that fear. I also really like the colors yellow, red and black together. To me, they are visually appealing and help you focus on the main center of the spire which is my pyramid shape. Most of the material choices that I used inside Keyshot were glass. Both frosted as well as transparent. I really liked how the glass looked inside Keyshot so I wanted to be able to use them in a way that lets the colors in my design blend well together.

1 comment:

  1. congrats on being the first to post. align you paragraph tittles to the left. and put together three good sentences on the techniques you used to execute this model.

    ReplyDelete