Monday, March 20, 2017

Hannah Revelle- Week 10 Serial Slice


Concept 
For mine I wanted to make an abstract rock climber. I was inspired by abstract human sculpture like the one below and wanted to follow the soft lake of detail style. After my piece is cut out I would like to place it on top of a large stone to give it a feeling of climbing a mountain.



Technique 
My Technique was fairly simple I used two spheres and manipulated the points to keep my body soft and round and than Boolean Union the two pieces (body and head) together. When my piece is done I will get a large tall stone to attach it to. I am thinking I will have to drill a hole in it. 


Material
I used two different materials in keyshot one is walnut wood to give a better feel of what the outcome will look like and than I used a fun rectangle metal with transparency for a more creative look.  

Final product

I went to a creek and looked for a rock for my boyfriend Sam Lee to drill a hole in. At first we tried a lava rock but it was to brittle. here is the final product.







No comments:

Post a Comment