Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Lisa Brasier: Week 3 Flashlight





 
 
I wanted to create a simple flashlight design but still have it be something you couldn't find in the stores. Other than wanting it to have a snake, I didn't have a clear concept for what I wanted the final product to look like. I added and changed aspects as I progressed. 
 

I used control points and Boolean difference to add detail to the flashlight. For the snake I used a torus, projected a straight line through the middle and split the sides. I then rotated the sides to begin wrapping it around the flashlight. The snake's head is made from a distorted sphere. I use curves to add the indentations in the middle of the flashlight and polar array to add the circle of cylinders around it.
 
I used nothing but different colored metals for the material to give it that clean and shiny appearance that many flashlights have.

No comments:

Post a Comment