Sunday, March 19, 2017

Darrius Williams week 10 Serial Slice TreeMan



                                                                         Concept:
 my model design is based on the incense holder I bought a few years ago. Ive always like the idea of sentient nature and i've seen the tree with a face design in interpreted many ways with women and men somtimes more human than tree and visa versa. in my design I pushed it more towards a very old man with a woody bush beard and deep set in eyes as well as a large curved nose.

                                                                        Technique:
 the orginal models trunk and branches where made from primatives like cylanders and face was model from trsditional character modeling techniques. then I sculpted more detail in mudbox in multiple layers so could use displacement mades for the heavier details. but in my serial slice I took the lowest polycount model with strong remaining detail and prepped it for the serial slice by caping the wholes in the limbs that I original built in to mimick the real world refrence.


Materials:
 for materials I havnt completly decided which route i want to go. If I use the cardboard the I will build up the model body with masking tape and liquid plastic and then begin the finishing stages and detailing with other materials such as plumbers epoxy. but if I use MDF which i've never done with this type of project then im not sure what id do to elevate the exterior, I could use shellac as a stain and maybe use tools to grind into the wood and add more texture and deeper recesses then possibly brushing on clear epoxy or exploring other undone techniques and materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment