Thursday, March 2, 2017

prosthetic

   I wanted to go straight up old school with my prosthetic so peg leg it is. Back in the day prosthetic legs were peg legs made of wood. For some reason pirates became associated with wooden peg legs. This is probably because they swam in shark infested waters.
Inspiration:

I realized from these pictures that I would need a place for the leg stump to rest, some sort of cup, and I would also need a nub of sorts on the end for grip, traction, balance.
Sketch:
I built my peg leg in Maya and attempted to import the .stl file into Rhino. This was only partially successful as I had some naked edges that were extremely suborn.
B&W:
However, the rendered images came out looking great and I would be proud to use this model within an animation any day. I particularly like the lighter wood grain and how the veins travel through the entire piece.
Render:



No comments:

Post a Comment