Monday, March 20, 2017

Jose Diaz - Serial Slicing









For the serial slicing project i decided to use my duck model because I just really liked it and would like to see it in 3D. I did have a couple issues when it came to finishing this project. One being the measurements. I was able to scale my model down to the required dimensions but when it came down to laying out the slicing for the cut sheet, the box I created seemed to be way too small. So I created two sheets; one with the slices scaled down to fit the box and then one with the slices at the the original dimensions but that one ended up being outside the box. I think that might have to scale down my model down and get rid of a couple pieces in order to make it fit properly or made by dimensions are off and they need to be changed.I only included two registration pins because I wanted to minimize the amount of obstruction within the piece. I can live with a couple pieces having to be glued into place mare than having my duck looking like Frankenstein's Monster.   For the Keyshot renderings I went with a simple brown color to resemble cardboard seeing as it will be made out of that material I figured why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment