Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Charlotte Guzman-Russell: Serial Slice

Concept: For this project, I wanted to make the model very simple, fluid, and organic. I was inspired by spirals that occur in nature, such as certain seashells, ferns, and whirlpools.
Technique: I first created a rectangle and then used the Twist command in different places to distort it's original shape. I then used the Taper command to make the very top of the shape slightly smaller than the rest of it. I created two poles and set them inside the shape and then used the Contour command to slice the shape so I could later cut it with the laser cutter.
 Material: My Keyshot material is a white marble with black veins to make the model look like it was a tangible sculpture. I used a 2-ply cardboard for the actual laser cut because it is the easiest material for me to work with and also because I like way the inner structure of the cardboard looks. In the future I would like to experiment with different materials and shapes.




No comments:

Post a Comment