Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Jung Choi Week8 Prosthesis

 The theme for my prosthesis was skeleton as they function similar limbs for people who have lost them. I decided to go with the rib cage look while keeping the design and style simple and sleek. I wanted it to look fashionable while still staying true to the theme.
For modeling techniques, I created a cylinder in the shape of a leg from curves by using networksrf then turned it into a solid by using offset surface tool. I created the holes on the side by using the makehole tool. For the shoe last, I created curves of the top of the last and the bottom then curves around the center and the side then used networksrf tool. Then I used the patch tool to fill the top and the bottom in order to turn it into a solid. For the middle decoration piece, I used curves to make a plane of the shape I want, extruded it then patch the top and bottom to create a solid object. I used control point editing in order to turn the shapes of curves and objects to how I want them to be shaped.

I went with a white metal material for the body as it is supposed to resemble a rib cage. I made it metal as I want it to be sturdy as well. I chose the decoration part and the shoe last to be black as I wanted to keep a simple black and white color scheme to make it look more slick and fashionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment