Sunday, March 27, 2016

Rafael Garcia Laser Engraving

Concept: In the student examples I had seen a very interesting piece that featured Hank Hill from the television show king of the hill. I had been wanting to do a new media piece involving king of the hill and the meme culture for quite some time now and decided this was the perfect time do it. 
Technique: I used inkscape to create the .stl that I would import into rhino.
By selecting the brightness cutoff threshold I can simply cut out everything I want.
Once I had all the pieces imported I used the text tool within Rhino to create the ironically used comic sans motivational phrase. The heart was simply the curve line tool and the tweencrv command.

Materials: I used a wooden box that used to contain supplies for this piece, as for the wood I am not sure what it is made of. It very light and the burning of the laser pops perfectly. 10/10 would use mystery wood again.





No comments:

Post a Comment