Monday, March 28, 2016

Jonathan Gloria: Serial Slice



 Concept: For my model concept, I got the idea from a chess piece, mostly the king or rook. I thought that making a normal chess piece would be boring, so I made it stand out a little more. In the end when I put it together with the cardboard serial slices, I also thought it looked a little like a trophy. 


Techniques: I used curves to make the shape of my model, and after I did that I used Boolean difference to make some dents to the top of my chess piece. It stared to look like a sun, so I added a sphere in the center to make it look more like the sun. I used Boolean union to merge it into the top of my model. I also used other shapes like tube and torus to cut some of the the bottom parts of my model. 



Materials: For my materials, I used different types of blue glass for the middle and bottom part of my chess piece. For the other pieces, I used a plastic blue so that everything wouldn't be see through. Since the top looked like a sun, I used gold for the top part, so that it would also reflect the light when it bounced off it in the renders.



No comments:

Post a Comment