Monday, March 28, 2016

Rafael Garcia Serial Slicing

Concept: I was interested in seeing the results of a low poly model for my serial assignment. I figured that the sharp edges and angles would work will with serial slicing.
Technique: I began my low-poly inspired object in Maya and exported with the .dxf extension. I had attempted .obj beforehand and the result was not the same model (missing some curves/edges).
The .dxf format worked perfectly and using contour on the model worked well once the cores/poles were in place. Without the cores the model would contour at an angle.
Material: I used a white paint to coat my cardboard in, but quickly learned that painting cardboard witha  brush makes it soggy. Luckily it didn't damage the piece and dried quickly. I scaled the model relatively small compared to our limitations. I will definitely be making my future slices much larger due to the fragility brought on by a small scale.



No comments:

Post a Comment