Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Alec McKay:Prosthetic Accessory: Polygo Modifications

After our critiques on Monday, I decided to make some changes to my prosthetic accessory. While the concept stayed much the same as before, there were some additional modeling techniques and changes to materials.


Modeling Techniques and Changes: Polygo now has a thinner shell design, which I created using an Offset Surface on my existing shape. I also removed one row on the inside of the leg so that the wearer can remove their accessory more easily. To do this I exploded the model and removed some faces before doing the Offset Surface. I also added a clip on the inside wall that can fasten the shell onto the pole of a prosthetic leg. 


Material Changes: To add more visual interest to my prosthetic accessory, I added onto the color palate with a new design. Colors gradating from yellow to red-orange form stripes down the leg. Polygo is made from plastic with a matte paint finish.




No comments:

Post a Comment