Sunday, October 11, 2015

Vincent Lo: Week 8 "Breaking Tradition"









With marriage happening all around me, I wanted to capture the moment of proposal in my model. By society’s standards, men are typically the ones to court, to propose. However, I wanted to flip flop the roles as society is changing and traditions are being broken.

I modeled my figure with little defining detail because I wanted the figure to represent any woman. I did not want to add a face or give it hair because that would instill a particular character in the figure, which would go against what I wanted to represent. The figure was modeled in Maya using polygons and lots of vertex snapping.

For my render, I used the glass material because it is a “transparent” material. As in the case of a proposal, I think it’s a moment where one person is being transparent to another. Seeing through that transparency is ideally pure love, which I represented through the red tint of the glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment