Monday, October 5, 2015

Simon Fields 3D Week 6 Print change





  • Description: I had last minute changes to my initial project. I decided to recreate a teddy bear drawing I had made back in high school because of sentimental reasons. Teddy is one of the main characters to this long-term story project I have been working on for years. The reason why he has stitches all over is because he is part of a horror setting and actually turns into a monster on command.
  • Modeling techniques: I decided to sculpt Teddy inside of Scrulptris, by the same makers of ZBrush but simpler. I then imported it into Maya and Mudbox to further make any extra details and corrections the sculpt. Then I finally imported it into Rhino for its final re-size for export in the .stl format.
  • Choices made: Somehow when exporting between the modeling programs the mesh decided to combine together, so I decided just to use a singular bronze-like material for rendering in Keyshot. I hope that when my 3d print comes out I can paint Teddy in his proper color scheme that I had originally designed for him.

1 comment: