Friday, October 9, 2015

Projects

Denise Lion
I am artist who works in a diversity of media. I experiment with aleatoric processes to create strong personal moments masterfully by means of rules and omissions, acceptance and refusal and by enticing the viewer round and round in circles. I often allows the inventive process to be decided by the hands of fate.

My artworks feature unexpected connections of a spontaneous and accidental nature, by combining unrelated aspects, they lead me to surprising analogies. Sometimes they appear eccentric and quirky while at other times they seem to be the classic by-products of American marketing.
Being an artist, my interest has always gravitated to organic forms. Currently I am exploring unique ways to express the beauty and essence of these forms utilizing digital formats.

My personal interests include using 3d printing and laser cutting to create abstract work and further explore the use of multimedia to incorporate into my artwork.
During this semester, I will be investigating and master 3d software applications such as Rhino and Maya. Doing so would allow me to create abstract forms in a sophisticated way.

I draw a lot of inspiration for my sculpture, from artist such as Brancusi ,and Barbara Hepworth . I love the simplicity of Brancusi and Hepworth use of holes into her sculptures.


Here are some models that I have created so far this semester :


my plan for the this was to design was to make a vase to look like a seashell, however in the end this was what I actually liked from my drawings. I use Rhino different  curves and Boolean difference to achieve the final model.
This piece called headless mermaid. I wanted to design a torso and a tail that would abstractedly remind the viewer r of a mermaid. It took me a few month to actually come up with the design, I used pixlogic and Rhino and Maya to be able to perfect my design. I had lots of issues with my mesh having pink edges. My final model will have a different look I will post it when its printed.

Again this is another of my seashell series vase.I use Rhino different  curves and Boolean difference to achieve the final model.





For this design I wanted to come up with an idea of a center piece that would hold candles and a short flower arrangement.I use Rhino different  surface tools, curves and Boolean difference to achieve the final model. 

For this design I had in mind a round vase with lots of place where light would be able to shine so a indoor bamboo plant in a glass  could be inserted .I use Rhino different  curves, extrude  and Boolean difference to achieve the final model.


My thought process was to come up with my interpretation of Brancusi" Kiss" I loved the final product however I still not happy with a design in how to display without interfering with the heart shape design. I use Rhino different  curves, solid tools and Boolean difference to achieve the final model.

This is the actual final product. I did texturized with 2 different colors off stone look paint spray.

For this I wanted to have a fluid looking organic sculpture. I n order to achieve this I just played a lot with curves and bending tools
This the actual final product. I would love to have this sculpture be a 6 foot tall some king of a shine metal.

Here is another abstract sculpture. I wanted very organic shapes .I use Rhino different  curves and Boolean difference to achieve the final model. 




This is also from my vases series . Here is another abstract sculpture. I wanted very organic shapes .I use Rhino different  curves and Boolean difference to achieve the final model. 

No comments:

Post a Comment