Sunday, October 11, 2015

Victoria Tran: Week 6 - Finalizing the Baby Zergling 3D Print Model


It printed! 
I noticed there were loose "debris" and strut out edges around the figure, so I figured I should sandpaper it down.
  Afterwards, I sprayed it with a gray primer (Krylon Cover Maxx Primer) to make the surface smooth and consistent before I painted it. I chose a "gray" primer because gray or black primers can give more vibrancy to the painted colors (or so I heard). I double-coated it while waiting an hour in between before handling it.
I painted the lighter colors first before the darker colors. I learned that it took multiple relayering to get a non-patchy, solid coloring. Also, I needed to wait a few seconds in between each layering to let the previous layer dry first. This reduced unwanted random streakings and draggings of the paint.
I had to play around (mixing) with my painting pallette to get the color I want. It was difficult to paint, for example, inside the zergling's mouth because the paintbrush was quite large and it would mark the areas I did not want it to. I had to touch it up with another coating of paint to cover those markings.

Overall, it was a very fun experience. I enjoyed it and I felt quite proud to see something I designed right in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment