Sunday, October 11, 2015

Robert Manriquez; Feminine Serial (Serial Cut midterm)

 Feminine Serial





 It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do for my serial cut. I knew I wanted to do a figure of some kind so I decided to do a figure laying down. I referenced this image when creating my model. I really liked the curves and straight lines so I wanted to do my take of this piece. I was able to play with the separate shapes in creating the model. I went with the very thin neck large head, off centered neck placement and narrow hips to give my model an offset from reality.


 I created my model in maya using a simple square and manipulating vertices in order to sculpt the body into the proportions I wanted. I built the square polygon and meticulously placed edge loops on all sides of the square. The edge loop intersections automatically create vertices which allow you to manipulate faces or vertices for precise control. After the vertices were created, I pushed and pulled the vertices into place and created the form that I ended up with.


The material I used was a dark wood. The realistic materials I would use would be either marble or wood. I chose the wood material because I prefer the random lines that the tree rings as opposed to marble because the tree rings are more of a controlled random than the scratchy marble patterns. I used a light ash colored wood for the dowels for the sake of a dissonance within the color scheme.


No comments:

Post a Comment