Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Blake Kostroun - Week 5 Female Torso





I created this sculpt because I admire the old masters and renaissance era sculptors, especially Michelangelo. I cannot fathom the amount of work it went into making a marble sculpture that represents a human and our form so well. I also enjoy studying the human form and how we are constructed, whether it be our bones, muscles, or organs.

I pulled various references of the female, I had many anatomical spreadsheets of how the muscles are laid out and how they cooperate together. I start with a sphere on Zbrush and work my way up slowly, I don't rush getting into details. My priority at first was getting the base form and proportion correct.

For the Keyshot render, I wanted to convey that the model was actually sculpted out of marble or porcelain. The lighting shows off the smooth contour of the body and skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment